Aditya Dua | Legistify

Aditya Dua
Answered on 11 Sep 2019

If no objections were received with the prescribed 30 days then they can appear before marriage officer within the next 60 days after 30 days notice period completion. They must bring in 3 witnesses for solemnization of marriage. After this marriage officer according to rule will solemnize the marriage. If the objections are received, you need to hire a marriage registration lawyer in India to send a reply to the objections.Read More

Posted on 10 Sep 2019 | 1 Answer

Team Legistify | Legistify

Team Legistify
Answered on 12 Jan 2020

A court marriage can only be performed if certain conditions are met. These conditions include: The bride and groom must not have a living spouse at the time of court marriage. The groom must be of 21 years old and the bride must be 18 years old. Both the parties must give their consent to the marriage without any force, coercion or undue influence. The bride and groom must not be within the degrees of prohibited relationships. However, if the customs governing any one of them allows such marriage, the degree of prohibited relationships will not be applicable. Read More

Posted on 02 Aug 2019 | 1 Answer

Tanya Mahajan | Legistify

Tanya Mahajan
Answered on 04 Jul 2019

Yes, Marriage can be registered after 5 years. The process will be the same as that of any other marriage by contacting local civil authorities, municipal corp, etc and get the form and apply for registration. They may charge with a fine for delay. You can also submit the wedding card if you don't have the wedding photographs. READ: Procedure of Marriage Registration in India Still not cleared with the information you can consult our marriage registration experts in India who will guide in your matter.Read More

Posted on 19 Jun 2019 | 1 Answer

Shagun Srivastava | Legistify

Shagun Srivastava
Answered on 19 Feb 2020

Yes, you can always go for court marriage as you are an adult above 18 years of age so you can apply for court marriage and get your marriage registered.Read More

Posted on 10 Feb 2020 | 2 Answers

Team Legistify | Legistify

Team Legistify
Answered on 13 Nov 2018

If the man and woman are of valid age to get marriage i.e. the man is aged 21 years or more and the woman is aged 18 years or more, they can get married even if their families or parents do not consent to it. There are 2 ways in which a marriage in such situation can be performed- Court Marriage under the Special Marriage Act or Arya Samaj Marriage.  In case the consenting adults belong to different religions, they can apply for a court marriage with the Registrar having jurisdiction over the area where they live. Anyone can get married under the Special Marriage Act, irrespective of religion, faith or caste. Process of Court Marriage A notice in writing is submitted with the marriage officer of the district where either of the parties has resided for the past 30 days. After receiving the court marriage application, the Marriage Registrar gives a 30 days notice period for objections against the marriage. Once the 30-day period is over and no objections are received, the marriage is solemnised and the marriage certificate is granted. READ: Special Marriages in India The other way is to perform an Arya Samaj Marriage. Only Hindus or converts to Hinduism can get married in Arya Samaj Mandir. Arya Samaj Marriage procedure is completed within 1-2 hours only, but an application must be filed at least 2-3 days in advance. It is a simpler process and does not involve any tough formalities. After the marriage is solemnised, the mandir grants an Arya Samaj Marriage certificate. The bride and groom can then obtain a marriage certificate on the basis of this certificate. MUST READ: The Concept And Procedure Of Arya Samaj MarriageRead More

Posted on 03 Oct 2018 | 2 Answers

Dhriti Dewan | Legistify

Dhriti Dewan
Answered on 22 Oct 2019

A marriage certificate can be obtained by getting your marriage registered at the Marriage Registrar office in the district where either you got married or are living in the district after the marriage. After the registration of marriage, you will be issued a Marriage Certificate by the Marriage Registrar.Read More

Posted on 21 Oct 2019 | 1 Answer

Shagun Srivastava | Legistify

Shagun Srivastava
Answered on 31 Mar 2020

Yes, you can remarry in Arya Samaj Mandir. However, before doing so you should have a divorce from your first husband only then you can marry the second person. If divorce has been done then your second marriage would be done without any problem.Read More

Posted on 21 Mar 2020 | 1 Answer

Karishma Pandit | Legistify

Karishma Pandit
Answered on 08 Mar 2020

A) One can apply at the Sub-Registrar office through a registration form ( Jurisdiction, the husband or wife resides with a valid address proof) B) To obtain a marriage registration certificate in Telangana, Form A in duplicate must be submitted along with the following documents: Photograph of marriage ceremony capturing both wife and husband Residential proof of either of the spouse Copies of SSC Certificates of wife and husband or passport copies (for Date of Birth proof) Three witnesses to sign in the form Three witnesses to sign in the register of the Registrar office Read More

Posted on 28 Feb 2020 | 1 Answer

Aayushi Sang | Legistify

Aayushi Sang
Answered on 02 Nov 2019

No, it is not mandatory to have parents as witnesses for a marriage. The documents required for court marriage in India: An Affidavit must be attested by Magistrate/S.D.M. or Notary Public with Register Entry No. Age Proof - either one of these documents Voter I.card, Driving Licence, Matriculation Certificate. Residence Proof - Voter I.card, Driving Licence, Matriculation Certificate, Passport 7 Passport size photo Boys & Girl both. Two Witness With photo Id proof In case of a divorcee, Certified copy of Decree of Divorce granted by the Court If one of the partner is a foreigner than No Impediment Certificate / NOC from concerned Embassy and Valid VISA required Read More

Posted on 22 Oct 2019 | 2 Answers

Harini S | Legistify

Harini S
Answered on 30 Mar 2019

If a person converted means he or she will be following the faith of new religion. So that registration is only to show at that point of time he or she married. Registration is proof of marriage performed between 2 persons. For further information, you can consult a good marriage registration lawyer in India, who will advise you better in your matter.Read More

Posted on 30 Mar 2019 | 1 Answer