Dhriti Dewan | Legistify

Dhriti Dewan
Answered on 01 Oct 2019

You need to make a declaration that you got married and intend to change your name through a notarized affidavit. Get the demand draft of required worth in favour of the required department in your state for the charges related to name change. An application needs to be written to the gazette department to request a name change and the same needs to be published in the next issue of the gazette. Attach the copy of the marriage certificate and address proof. Send the documents to the department by registered post. You will receive a Gazette notification to your address by registered post within 15 to 20 working days, which can be used as proof of your name change. Consult a marriage registration lawyer to get this done for you.Read More

Posted on 29 Sep 2019 | 1 Answer

Shagun Srivastava | Legistify

Shagun Srivastava
Answered on 31 Mar 2020

Yes, you can remarry in Arya Samaj Mandir. However, before doing so you should have a divorce from your first husband only then you can marry the second person. If divorce has been done then your second marriage would be done without any problem.Read More

Posted on 21 Mar 2020 | 1 Answer

Team Legistify | Legistify

Team Legistify
Answered on 27 Dec 2018

The procedure of court marriage in India cannot be performed online and the bride and groom need to appear before the Marriage Registrar at least twice to get their marriage registration done.  The conditions of valid court marriage in India that need to be followed is as follows: That the bride and the groom are of legal marriageable age, i.e., the groom is above 21 years of age and the bride is above 18 years of age. That neither parties have a living spouse at the time of the marriage from whom they haven’t been legally separated. That neither party is incapable of giving valid consent owing to such circumstances as unsoundness of mind. That although capable of giving consent, neither party has been suffering from mental disorder to such extent as may incapacitate them from entering into a valid marriage and the procreation of children. That neither parties are prone to recurrent attacks of epilepsy or insanity That the parties do not fall under the degrees of prohibited relationship unless such marriage is permitted as per custom or usage in their particular community That the parties are not Sapindas of each other. You may apply for Court Marriage in India in the following manner: You must apply at the office of the Sub-Divisional Magistrate in whose jurisdiction you and your spouse reside on any working day You must fill the requisite application form duly signed by you and your spouse The Magistrate’s office conducts verification of all required documents submitted by you and appoints a date on which the registration shall be carried out that is communicated to you On the appointed date, the parties need to be present before the ADM along with the Gazetted Officer who attended the wedding and the Marriage Certificate is issued on the same day. Read More

Posted on 26 Dec 2018 | 1 Answer

Team Legistify | Legistify

Team Legistify
Answered on 28 Sep 2018

A petition for annulment of marriage has to be filed before the court. This should be done within one year from date of marriage. Annulment means getting a decree of marriage nullified in cases where such decree has been obtained by fraud. Read More

Posted on 30 Dec 2016 | 2 Answers

Harini S | Legistify

Harini S
Answered on 06 Mar 2019

The Hindu Marriage Act makes cousin marriage illegal for Hindus with the exception of marriages permitted by regional custom. Cousin marriage is proscribed and seen as incest for Hindus in north India. In fact it may even be unacceptable to marry within one's village or for two siblings to marry partners from the same village. As per Hindu Marriage Act, all kinds of first cousin marriage is illegal in India, Same gotra marriage is legal too while it is not in some communities and Marriage between cross cousin is legal i.e. you marrying your second cousin or third cousin from your mother's side. The man and woman who wish to get married should not be within the degrees of prohibited relationships, unless the customs or usage, permits such a marriage. For further clarification you can consult a good family law lawyer in India, who will help you in your case.Read More

Posted on 06 Mar 2019 | 1 Answer

Team Legistify | Legistify

Team Legistify
Answered on 28 Sep 2018

Yes, the marriage will be registered under Special Marriage Act , 1954.  He can not invoke the right of triple talaq and polygamy as the marriage is registered under Special Marriage Act and not Muslim Marriage Act. Yes, the marriage will be strictly governed under the provisions of the Act Read More

Posted on 27 May 2017 | 1 Answer

Team Legistify | Legistify

Team Legistify
Answered on 28 Sep 2018

Ma'am, i did not get your question, whether do you need to know that how can you bring charges against your husband & in-laws or your query is in context of legal implication of getting your marriage registered. Read More

Posted on 06 Jul 2017 | 1 Answer

Team Legistify | Legistify

Team Legistify
Answered on 28 Sep 2018

Some of the states in the Indian Union have enacted legislations to make marriage registration compulsory; These states are Andhra Pradesh, Delhi, Goa, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Karnataka, and Maharashtra.Registration of marriage is optional in other states.After you marry the PIO/NRI, you must register the marriage at the office ofthe Registrar in India before you/your husband leave the country. The marriage certificate issued by the Registrars’ office and a copy of it should be kept withyou and your family in India. -Please keep adequate proof like marriage photographs, wedding invitation, copy of the husbands’ passport driving license, any other ID proof issued by the foreign country, visa address proof of both bride and groom etc. -Please remember the following points -Marriage registration certificate should be carried at all times. -Doing all the paperwork for issue of visa and other required formalities at your end- keep all the original papers with yourself. - Affidavit from the spouse stating present marital status. - Visit with a health/comprehensive insurance policy before arriving in the foreign country. - Keep your passport with you in the foreign country and at least one copy of the passport.  Read More

Posted on 13 Jun 2016 | 1 Answer

Arshi Noor | Legistify

Arshi Noor
Answered on 25 Mar 2020

You should register your marriage as soon as possible PROCEDURE FOR MARRIAGE REGISTRATION It is essential to carefully understand the procedure to be followed to get your marriage registered as per law. Who to approach for marriage registration? For the purpose of registration of marriage[12], one has to approach the office of the Sub Divisional Magistrate under whose jurisdiction the marriage took place or where either of the spouses stayed for at least six months before the marriage. Documents required for marriage registration As per the official website of Delhi Government, following documents are required to be submitted after being duly attested by the Gazetted Officer, for obtaining registration of marriage as per Hindu culture: Application form or Memorandum of marriage duly signed by husband and wife. Documentary evidence for support of date of birth of both the parties. This age, under both the Hindu Marriage Act and Special Marriage Act, is 21 years for male and 18 years for female. This document can be in the form of matriculation certificate/passport/birth certificate. Residence proof of husband and wife (Ration Card, Aadhar Card, Election Voter Id, PAN Card, or bills like Electricity Bill etc.) Two passport size photographs of both the parties and one marriage photograph. Marriage invitation card, if available. In case the marriage was solemnized at a religious place, a certificate from the priest is required to solemnize the marriage. In case of marriage under the Hindu Marriage Act Rs. 100, and in case of marriage Special Marriage Act, Rs. 150, is required to be submitted to the cashier of the district and the receipt is to be attached along with the application form. The parties are required to give affirmation that they are not related and do not fall within the degree of prohibited relationship, as laid down under the Hindu Marriage Act 1955 and the Special Marriage Act, 1955. Attested copy of divorce decree/order in case of a divorcee and death certificate of spouse in case of widow/widower. In case one of the parties belong to other than Hindu, Buddhist, Jain and Sikh religions, a conversion certificate from the priest who solemnized the marriage(in case of Hindu Marriage Act) is required. Affidavit by both the parties stating place and date of marriage, date of birth, marital status at the time of marriage and nationality.Read More

Posted on 24 Mar 2020 | 1 Answer

Advocate Kishan (Retd. Judge) | Legistify

Advocate Kishan (Retd. Judge)
Answered on 28 Sep 2018

If the law did not permit for registration without the consent of parents you have found out an alternative way. But i think there is no such Law to restrain grown up persons marrying without the consent of parents. Alternatively one of you may file a suit for declaration to the effect that your marriage at so on so temple may be declared as valid. On the next hearing your spouse must agree for decreeing the suit. Thus you will get marriage valid through Court. Read More

Posted on 06 Jan 2018 | 1 Answer