Arshi Noor | Legistify

Arshi Noor
Answered on 25 Mar 2020

You should register your marriage as soon as possible PROCEDURE FOR MARRIAGE REGISTRATION It is essential to carefully understand the procedure to be followed to get your marriage registered as per law. Who to approach for marriage registration? For the purpose of registration of marriage[12], one has to approach the office of the Sub Divisional Magistrate under whose jurisdiction the marriage took place or where either of the spouses stayed for at least six months before the marriage. Documents required for marriage registration As per the official website of Delhi Government, following documents are required to be submitted after being duly attested by the Gazetted Officer, for obtaining registration of marriage as per Hindu culture: Application form or Memorandum of marriage duly signed by husband and wife. Documentary evidence for support of date of birth of both the parties. This age, under both the Hindu Marriage Act and Special Marriage Act, is 21 years for male and 18 years for female. This document can be in the form of matriculation certificate/passport/birth certificate. Residence proof of husband and wife (Ration Card, Aadhar Card, Election Voter Id, PAN Card, or bills like Electricity Bill etc.) Two passport size photographs of both the parties and one marriage photograph. Marriage invitation card, if available. In case the marriage was solemnized at a religious place, a certificate from the priest is required to solemnize the marriage. In case of marriage under the Hindu Marriage Act Rs. 100, and in case of marriage Special Marriage Act, Rs. 150, is required to be submitted to the cashier of the district and the receipt is to be attached along with the application form. The parties are required to give affirmation that they are not related and do not fall within the degree of prohibited relationship, as laid down under the Hindu Marriage Act 1955 and the Special Marriage Act, 1955. Attested copy of divorce decree/order in case of a divorcee and death certificate of spouse in case of widow/widower. In case one of the parties belong to other than Hindu, Buddhist, Jain and Sikh religions, a conversion certificate from the priest who solemnized the marriage(in case of Hindu Marriage Act) is required. Affidavit by both the parties stating place and date of marriage, date of birth, marital status at the time of marriage and nationality.Read More

Posted on 24 Mar 2020 | 1 Answer

Shagun Srivastava | Legistify

Shagun Srivastava
Answered on 31 Mar 2020

Yes, you can remarry in Arya Samaj Mandir. However, before doing so you should have a divorce from your first husband only then you can marry the second person. If divorce has been done then your second marriage would be done without any problem.Read More

Posted on 21 Mar 2020 | 1 Answer

Arshi Noor | Legistify

Arshi Noor
Answered on 12 Mar 2020

Inter-faith marriages must be registered under the Special Marriage Act 1954 for validity.  Read More

Posted on 11 Mar 2020 | 1 Answer

Karishma Pandit | Legistify

Karishma Pandit
Answered on 08 Mar 2020

A) One can apply at the Sub-Registrar office through a registration form ( Jurisdiction, the husband or wife resides with a valid address proof) B) To obtain a marriage registration certificate in Telangana, Form A in duplicate must be submitted along with the following documents: Photograph of marriage ceremony capturing both wife and husband Residential proof of either of the spouse Copies of SSC Certificates of wife and husband or passport copies (for Date of Birth proof) Three witnesses to sign in the form Three witnesses to sign in the register of the Registrar office Read More

Posted on 28 Feb 2020 | 1 Answer

Arshi Noor | Legistify

Arshi Noor
Answered on 30 Mar 2020

The legal age for a boy to get married is 21 years. you cannot get married.Read More

Posted on 26 Feb 2020 | 1 Answer

Tanya Mahajan | Legistify

Tanya Mahajan
Answered on 21 Mar 2020

If you get married by a religious or secular ceremony, you should give the MRF within one month to a Registrar, for the marriage to be registered. It does not have to be returned to the Registrar who issued it. You cannot get your marriage certificate until the marriage is registeredRead More

Posted on 26 Feb 2020 | 1 Answer

I want to register Arya samaj marriage certificate of 1979 online from the UK.Read More

Posted on 25 Feb 2020 | No Answers Yet

In case of inter-caste marriage, what would be the caste of the child, mother's or father's?Read More

Posted on 24 Feb 2020 | No Answers Yet

Team Legistify | Legistify

Team Legistify
Answered on 17 Feb 2020

Documents required for solemnisation of Arya Samaj Marriage 4 copies of coloured photograph of both the bride and the groom Date of birth proof and address proof of both marrying parties. Bride and groom should be of competent age. 18 for bride and 21 for groom. Standing of two witnesses to witness the holy ceremony. In case where a marrying party is divorced, then, certified copy of divorce certificate issued by the court. In case where a marrying party is a widow, the death certificate of the dead spouse. Where a marrying party is a foreign citizen or holding a foreign passport or is having foreign residential address- Certificate of present marital status of the party/No Impediment Certificate/ NOC from concerned Embassy and Valid VISA Registration of Arya Samaj Marriage If you got married under the Arya Samaj Mandir then get this marriage registered under section 8 of the Act by the Marriage officer/Registrar of the district/state, where this marriage took place. • After 2006, orders of Supreme Court are strict on the issue of registration of marriages in personal laws. An Arya Samaj marriage can be registered either under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 or under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. The Hindu Marriage Act is applicable in cases where both husband and wife are Hindus, Buddhists, Jains or Sikhs or where they have converted into any of these religions. Where either of the husband or wife or both are not Hindus, Buddhists, Jains or Sikhs, the marriage is registered under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. • Hindu Marriage Act places a responsibility upon the states to make laws regarding registration of the marriage but also places an emphasis that where a marriage is not registered, its non-registration will not invalidate the marriage. It is often advised to get the marriage registered as per the Supreme court orders and, it is the correct way to avoid disputes in future regarding the breakdown of the marriage. Read More

Posted on 16 Feb 2020 | 1 Answer