Mohim Roy | Legistify

Mohim Roy
Answered on 14 Oct 2019

Apart from the criminal processes, Section 46 of the IT Act also provides for remedies against data theft, hacking, virus attacks and financial frauds covered under Chapter IX (S.43 to S.45) by filing an application before the adjudicating officer. Presently, the ad-hoc system of the secretary of the IT ministry acting as the said authority continues. This remedy has been very successfully availed of by victims of financial frauds.Read More

Posted on 11 Oct 2019 | 1 Answer

Saachi Khurana | Legistify

Saachi Khurana
Answered on 12 Oct 2019

You can file a complaint with the police or file a cyber crime complaint about the same. Consult a cyber crime lawyer to take legal action.Read More

Posted on 22 Sep 2019 | 1 Answer

Mohim Roy | Legistify

Mohim Roy
Answered on 09 Oct 2019

Identity theft/impersonation is a criminal offence. You can file a criminal complaint through a lawyer at any court or file an FIR first with the nearest police station for the same.Read More

Posted on 03 Oct 2019 | 1 Answer

Sakshi Yadav | Legistify

Sakshi Yadav
Answered on 08 Oct 2019

If there is no ill motive from your end then there is no issue, you can file the complaint against him as he violating her privacy which is not legal under the Law.Read More

Posted on 06 Oct 2019 | 1 Answer

Sakshi Yadav | Legistify

Sakshi Yadav
Answered on 28 Sep 2019

In most states, police can get many kinds of cellphone data without obtaining a warrant. Law-enforcement records show, police can use initial data from a tower dump to ask for another court order for more information, including addresses, billing records and logs of calls, texts and locations.Read More

Posted on 27 Sep 2019 | 1 Answer

Dhriti Dewan | Legistify

Dhriti Dewan
Answered on 27 Sep 2019

You can file a complaint with cyber crime cell. Submit a Customer Dispute Resolution Form with the Bank from which you have transferred the money. Inform the bank in which the Scammer has a bank account, where you have transferred the money and also make the compliant for the same. File a complaint before the Adjudicating Officer, Information Technology Act, 2000 against the bank where the scammer's bank account is functional. The court will further conduct an inquiry into your complaint and the matter will be heard and decided within a period of 6 to 9 months. Consult a cyber crime lawyer in India for your matter.Read More

Posted on 06 Sep 2019 | 1 Answer

Aayushi Sang | Legistify

Aayushi Sang
Answered on 12 Sep 2019

Harassment in India is becoming a very common issue nowadays. There are various types of harassment faced by the people in India through mischief, trespass, nuisance and sexual harassment. There are various laws made keeping in mind the types of harassment. If one wants to get justice then he must follow the laws to get justice. Posting audios or videos might not resolve your problem. One can rather file a complaint against the person who is torturing your family and then show the relevant facts and these audio or videos evidence to court.Read More

Posted on 02 Sep 2019 | 1 Answer

Shagun Srivastava | Legistify

Shagun Srivastava
Answered on 07 Sep 2019

A can take alibi that he was not using the laptop. If the staff room has a CCTV camera, the footage can be used as a defence for proving innocence. This is not only cyber but also a criminal offence.Read More

Posted on 06 Sep 2019 | 1 Answer

Aditya Dua | Legistify

Aditya Dua
Answered on 03 Sep 2019

You can file a cyber crime case against the person for blackmailing and cyberstalking with the help of a good cyber crime case lawyer. Before this, you can also file a complaint in the nearest police station.Read More

Posted on 02 Sep 2019 | 1 Answer

Mohim Roy | Legistify

Mohim Roy
Answered on 23 Aug 2019

Blackmailing amounts to Criminal intimidation, which is well defined in the Indian Penal Code Section 503 as :- Whoever threatens another with any injury to his person, reputation or property, or to the person or reputation of anyone in whom that person is interested, with intent to cause alarm to that person, or to cause that person to do any act which he is not legally bound to do, or to omit to do any act which that person is legally entitled to do, as the means of avoiding the execution of such threat, commits criminal intimidation. The offence of criminal intimidation can be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to two years, or with fine, or with both. It can also be described under section 384: Punishment for Extortion- Whoever commits extortion shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to three years, or with fine, or with both. Under this provision, the punishment is of 3 years and this offence is a non-bailable offence and triable in any Magistrate. You should approach Police Department to register the FIR against your Ex-Boyfriend who has been attempted repeatedly to contact you to foster personal interaction despite your clear indication of disinterest and threatening you to expose your pictures and blackmailing to you. As it is a cognizable offence punishable under section 354 D and 506 of IPC and under the Information technology Act. If you are minor then the provisions of The Protection of Children From Sexual Offences Act, 2012 also should be attached. If the police officer does not register an FIR against the accused then approach by writing an application to SSP/Commissioner of the Police District to registered the case. if he will not do appropriate action then file a criminal complaint in the Court of Judicial Magistrate First Class by consulting a cyber crime case lawyer.Read More

Posted on 22 Aug 2019 | 1 Answer