Sakshi Yadav | Legistify

Sakshi Yadav
Answered on 21 Mar 2020

You can go for filing an RTI ( Right to information) first, then move to High Court for Writ and for filing a writ petition you need an expert Advocate for understanding the legality of your issue.Read More

Posted on 21 Mar 2020 | 1 Answer

I come from a place in Gaya, Bihar. This village has caste based Panchayat (Patway Jaati Sudhar Samiti) who out-caste any one marry outside the Patwa community. Boys who are out-caste are not allowed to meet their parents, not allowed to attend any social functions, not allowed to take food with relatives and many more restrictions including a case where boy was not allowed to do last rituals of his father after his death. Most of the boys who married outside are graduates from IIT, NIT, etc. but with social pressure they don't want to take any actions against society and continuing this life for than 15 years. Please suggest what is the best way to stop this.Read More

Posted on 14 Mar 2020 | No Answers Yet

I am 53-year-old working in central government, joined in group-C and promoted group-A before 40 years. My salary is around 15 lakh per annum. Is my son is eligible for OBC -NCL? As per the order, I understood that if someone joining in group-C getting promoted to Group-A and their wards are eligible for OBC-NCL eligibility. On the salary part, it is said that income from salary and agricultural income should not be considered as an income. Bcoz my son request has been denied during application. Note. I don't have any other income other than salary and wife is a housewife and no income.Read More

Posted on 25 Feb 2020 | No Answers Yet

Karishma Pandit | Legistify

Karishma Pandit
Answered on 27 Mar 2020

Once personal laws are recognized as "laws" under Article 13 of the Constitution of India at least those codified laws which have come into existence after 1950 would in any way be subject to fundamental rights like any other lawRead More

Posted on 16 Feb 2020 | 1 Answer

Aayushi Sang | Legistify

Aayushi Sang
Answered on 18 Dec 2019

Yes, you may be able to force the trash-talker to pay for ruining your reputation under your state’s “Defamation of Character” laws. Defamation of character is a false statement that harms a reputation. There are different kinds of defamation and different rules about who can be sued for making false statements. Defamation of character happens when someone “publishes” a false statement about you that causes you harm. “Publishes” means the false statement is shared with someone other than you, either verbally, in writing, or pictures. There are generally two types of defamation: slander and libel. Slander is a spoken false statement about you. If a false statement is made about you by an individual, or a radio, television, or podcast announcer, the statement may be slanderous. Libel is a written false statement about you and can appear in print, emails, social media, photographs, videos, or other type of visual content. Memes and cartoons depicting harmful false statements may be libellous.Read More

Posted on 10 Dec 2019 | 1 Answer

Karishma Pandit | Legistify

Karishma Pandit
Answered on 18 Dec 2019

Income Limit determines the Non-Creamy Layer Status of OBCs. In order to qualify as an OBC non-creamy layer candidate, the applicant's parents' annual income should be less than Rs. 8 lakhs. Salary and agricultural income are not to be considered as income for calculating annual income for creamy layer status.Read More

Posted on 16 Dec 2019 | 1 Answer

Arshi Noor | Legistify

Arshi Noor
Answered on 12 Dec 2019

 If you fear that your child may be taken by Transgender Society then if they come, you just call 100 no or call your local police and file a complaint against them and if they have taken your child then just file an FIR against kidnapping against them. As in India, there is no right given to transgender society to take one's child forcefully.Read More

Posted on 07 Dec 2019 | 1 Answer

Arshi Noor | Legistify

Arshi Noor
Answered on 06 Dec 2019

There is no such rule in India for voting as your mother is too old and ill also so there is no need for such a thing. In India, there is right to vote but not compulsory to voteRead More

Posted on 11 Nov 2019 | 1 Answer

Team Legistify | Legistify

Team Legistify
Answered on 22 Oct 2019

Yes, it is true that no one can file PIL on the same subject before the Supreme Court. However, since the court asked you to rectify the PIL, you can file the PIL with the court on the grounds that you have made the changes asked by the court.Read More

Posted on 21 Oct 2019 | 1 Answer

Shagun Srivastava | Legistify

Shagun Srivastava
Answered on 03 Nov 2019

A Writ Petition in the respective High Court may be filed for the issuance of Writ of Mandamus against the defaulting Police officers, inter alia, to Register the FIR and directing him to show cause the reasons for him not lodging an FIR. In a civil matter, a contempt petition can be filed before the High Court against the officer who refused to lodge an FIR The Police must register FIR where the complaint discloses a cognizable offence. Refusal to lodge an FIR on jurisdictional ground amounts to 1 year of Imprisonment for the Police officials. A Petition may be registered and submitted to the Chief Justice of the concerned High Court / Chief Justice of India, Supreme Court, asking them to take Su Moto Cognizance of the alleged contempt of the Court. Further, a copy of the said letter may be sent to the concerned Police Officer. The status of such a letter petition can be inquired through an application under the Right to Information (RTI). Alternate Remedy A Writ Petition may be filed in respective High Court for seeking damages/compensation, if the inaction of the Police on the complaint/non-registration of FIR, has resulted in frustration/deprivation of ―life and liberty of any person, guaranteed under Article 21 of Constitution of India. Note Under section 166A(c), if the Public servant concerned fails to record any information given to him under sub-section (1) of section 154 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973, in relation to cognizable offence punishable under section 326A, section 326B, section 354, section 354B, section 370, section 370A, section 376, section 376A, section 376B, section 376C, section 376D, section 376E or section 509 of the Indian Penal Code, he is punishable with rigorous imprisonment for a term which shall not be less than six months but which may extend to two years, and shall also be liable to fine.Read More

Posted on 20 Oct 2019 | 1 Answer