Take Children Out Of India After Divorce Without Spouse's Permission

My ex-husband (he has Indian citizenship) invited me and our kids (kids have Indian citizenship) to India. I do not have Indian citizenship. We live with the kids in Estonia. Can I leave India with Kids without his notary permission?

Answer (1)

Tanya Mahajan

Tanya Mahajan

  • Sector-1, Noida

You cannot take your kids without your ex-husband's permission if they are minors (less than 18 years) and if you don't have the custody. If you have the custody or if they are major then you can take them with you. 

Answered on 11 Sep 2019

Was this answer helpful?

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Talk to experienced lawyer online and get your answered in minutes.

Advocate Piyush SinghAdvocate Tapesh AgarwalAdvocate Mukesh NandaAdvocate Suhasini S+50