Recover Money Mistakenly Transferred In A Bank Account

I have transferred money to some other account by mistake. In account number one digit was worngly typed. We have immediately informed the bank but by the time bank take the action person has transferred money to some other account. Now that person is not giving money. We have also lodged a police complaint about the same. Police were also not able to recover money. Please advise the process for the same.

Answer (1)

Karishma Pandit

  • Sector-1, Noida

The most important thing to understand is that if a transaction has been made, the bank cannot reverse it from its end without approval from the beneficiary. The bank can only act as a facilitator. You can file a legal case with the help of a recovery lawyer but no recovery is possible if the beneficiary contests the reversal and refuses approval.

Answered on 22 Aug 2019

Was this answer helpful?

Yes   No

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Talk to experienced lawyer online and get your answered in minutes.