Police Not Filing Complaint Against Wife About Bigamy

My wife got married without taking divorce. I have video and photo as proof. She took both daughters with her. She took all cash and jewellery from home. I went to nearest police station to file a complain. But the police is not ready to file the complaint. What should I do?

Answer (1)

Sakshi Yadav

  • Sector-1, Noida

Polyandry is not permitted before the Hindu Law in India. If there she has married twice then you have full right to file a case under Section 9 of HMA, if you want to resume the marriage with your wife. Secondly, her second marriage is not valid it's null and void. So, hire an Advocate for your situation, the expert will help you to resolve your issue.

Answered on 31 Mar 2020

Was this answer helpful?

Yes   No

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Talk to experienced lawyer online and get your answered in minutes.