People Impersonating Me To Fraudulently Register My Property

Some people are trying to sell and register my property using a newly created Aadhar card (that was obtained recently) in my name (and my father's name) to impersonate me during the registration process. What are the necessary steps (with police, registrar office and court) to protect my vacant residential plot from these fraudulent registrations? Do I need to file an identity theft/impersonation complaint separately? If so with which authorities?

Answer (1)

Team Legistify

  • Sector-1, Noida

Identity theft/impersonation is a criminal offence. You can file a criminal complaint through a lawyer at any court or file an FIR first with the nearest police station for the same.

Answered on 09 Oct 2019

Was this answer helpful?

Yes   No

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Talk to experienced lawyer online and get your answered in minutes.