Pay Income Tax In India If I'm Working Under An H1B Visa?

Do I have to pay taxes in India for the income I get in the USA for working as a doctor under an H1B visa? Not an NRI, or other income sources outside the nation?

Answer (1)

Sakshi Yadav

  • Sector-1, Noida

No, you need not pay the Tax in India as the income incurred by you is in US dollars and the services you're giving is not associated with India, so you're not liable to pay the tax in India unless and until you fall under the definition of the resident under the Income Tax Act or your salary is above 2.5 lac a month then also you'll have to pay the Tax in India.

If still not clarified with the information then you can browse to out top curated taxation lawyer in India who will guide you better in your matter.

Answered on 06 Jul 2019

Was this answer helpful?

Yes   No

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Talk to experienced lawyer online and get your answered in minutes.