Patent Infringement Suit For Infringement In Another Country?

Can you file a patent infringement suit in India for anything that has been patented in another country?

Answer (1)

Team Legistify

Team Legistify

  • Sector-1, Noida

No, this not possible since the concept of a global patent does not exist at all. You can only file for infringement in the country in which you obtained the patent.

Answered on 09 Dec 2019

Was this answer helpful?

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Talk to experienced lawyer online and get your answered in minutes.

Advocate Pranav ThakkarAdvocate Suhasini SAdvocate Aditya ParoliaAdvocate Sunil Agarkar+50