Obtain Scheduled Tribe Certificate When Mother Belongs To ST Category

When the applicant (son) and his mother belong to the scheduled tribe family, and also his grandmother belongs to scheduled tribe, can the son get a Scheduled Tribe certificate?

Answer (1)

Team Legistify

Team Legistify

  • Sector-1, Noida

Anyone of the family members has to belong to the scheduled tribe in order to facilitate a proof while applying for the scheduled caste certificate. It's not necessary for all the members of the family to belong to the scheduled tribe. You can apply for the ST certificate on the basis of your mother belonging to the ST tribe.

Answered on 11 Sep 2019

Was this answer helpful?

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Talk to experienced lawyer online and get your answered in minutes.

Advocate Piyush SinghAdvocate Tapesh AgarwalAdvocate Mukesh NandaAdvocate Suhasini S+50