Maintenance Case By Mother When Already Paying Maintenance To Wife

I have taken mutual divorce from my wife. I am paying Rs 12000 per month for maintenance for kids to my ex-wife. Now, I have left my house where my mother was residing. She sold her house in 45 lacs. She gave a gift of INR 25 lacs to my sister & transferred Rs 20 lacs to her sister for earning Interest @ 1% per month. I am now living separately from my mother. I am working as an accountant in a private firm where I got 20000 per month salary out of which I am paying Rs 12000 per month as Child Maintenance to my ex-wife. Now, my mother has filed a maintenance case against me. How much money I have to pay for my mother as monthly maintenance?

Answers (2)

Tanya Mahajan

  • Sector-1, Noida

If your mother is dependant upon you, then only you are liable for maintenance. It depends upon case to case for the amount of maintenance. The court will consider your situation whole deicing your matter. Consult a good family lawyer in India to get the best possible results in your matter.

Answered on 13 Sep 2019

Was this answer helpful?

Yes   No

Advocate Suneel Moudgil

  • Judicial Complex, Panipat
  • Panipat

The amount of maintenance will depend upon

  • your earnings i.e. Rs. 20000/-
  • your liability Rs. 12000/- (maintenance to wife)
  • the amount required for living,
  • mother's income -1% from her sister, as you didn't get any property from your mother, and as per the above circumstances, you are not liable to provide any maintenance to your mother, however, in any case, the Court grant any maintenance, you can approach the Court, which granted maintenance to wife, for reducing the maintenance, stating change in circumstances.

Answered on 14 Sep 2019

Was this answer helpful?

Yes   No

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Talk to experienced lawyer online and get your answered in minutes.