How To Obtain Guardianship Certificate For Minor After Parents' Death?

There is one minor but his parents are dead and father is a railway pensioner. We need a Guardianship certificate for getting family pension. Who will issue the guardianship certificate?

Answer (1)

Team Legistify

Team Legistify

  • Sector-1, Noida

An application with the family court needs to be filed to obtain a guardianship certificate. guardians appointed by the court are the guardians appointed by the virtue of the court's empowerment. Under the Guardians and Wards Act,1980, the jurisdiction is conferred on the district court. The district court on its own discretion appoints any person whenever it thinks it to be better for the welfare of the child.

Answered on 31 Mar 2020

Was this answer helpful?

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Talk to experienced lawyer online and get your answered in minutes.

Advocate Prabhakar ShettyAdvocate Sudershani RayAdvocate Mukesh NandaAdvocate Siji Malayil+50