How To Get Divorce From Husband Who Is Untraceable?

I got married in 2012 at Tis Hazari court with a Muslim guy and I am Hindu. I changed my religion from Hindu to Muslim. Now we are separated and I want to marry a Hindu guy. I don't know where my husband lives. How can I get a divorce?

Answers (2)

Saachi Khurana

Saachi Khurana

  • Sector-1, Noida

A person who marries under the Special Marriage Act and then converts to the partner’s religion is entitled to invoke the jurisdiction of a family court instead of personal law for dissolution of marriage, the Delhi High Court has ruled.

Termed as if you are not living with your husband from many years then it is known as Desertion and it is a ground for Divorce, you may file a case for divorce on that ground.

A divorce case lawyer will help you with the same. He has to get service of summon through paper publication and then only you may get the Divorce decree, by way of Exparte. if he hasn't turned up after paper publication too.

Answered on 22 Jan 2020

Was this answer helpful?

Advocate Suneel Moudgil | Legistify

Advocate Suneel Moudgil

  • Judicial Complex, Panipat
  • Panipat

If you married as per the Muslim laws, then you have to obtain a divorce by approaching the court.

Answered on 24 Jan 2020

Was this answer helpful?

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Talk to experienced lawyer online and get your answered in minutes.

Advocate Prabhakar ShettyAdvocate Sudershani RayAdvocate Tapesh AgarwalAdvocate Mukesh Nanda+50