How To Get Bail In A Matter Under Section 386, 500 and 504 Of IPC

My husband was arrested by police on 2nd of august and they send him to prison they file a case against him under section 386, 500 and 504. Till now he is not getting bail and my lawyer is not able to get him out. I don't understand what should I do now please suggest me the best way so I can get him out from this case I am really worried please help me.

Answer (1)

Shagun Srivastava

  • Sector-1, Noida

Section 386 states that Extortion by putting a person in fear of death or grievous hurt.—Whoever commits extortion by putting any person in fear of death or of grievous hurt to that person or to any other, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to ten years, and shall also be liable to fine.

Section 500: Punishment for defamation.—Whoever defames another shall be punished with simple imprisonment for a term which may extend to two years, or with fine, or with both.

Section 504 - Insult intended to provoke breach of the peace. Imprisonment for 2 years, or fine, or both. 

You can hire a criminal lawyer in India to apply for bail in the court for these sections.

Answered on 09 Aug 2019

Was this answer helpful?

Yes   No

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Talk to experienced lawyer online and get your answered in minutes.