How To Get A Divorce And Child Custody From Husband?

How to get a divorce after 7 years of marriage and child custody of the 7-month-old baby?

Answer (1)

Team Legistify

Team Legistify

  • Sector-1, Noida

You must have a valid ground to initiate a divorce proceeding against your husband. Grounds mentioned under section 13(1) of HMA are:-

  1. Adultery
  2. Conversion
  3. Mental disorder/Unsound Mind
  4. Venereal disease
  5. Renounced the World
  6. Not heard alive for seven years
  7. Judicial Separation
  8. No Resumption of Co-habitation

If you are confident that you can win against your husband by taking any of the above-mentioned ground then you can file a divorce petition by hiring an expert divorce advocate. Also, as your child is just 7 months old it is quite certain that the court will grant his custody to you only

Answered on 02 Dec 2019

Was this answer helpful?

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Talk to experienced lawyer online and get your answered in minutes.

Advocate Prabhakar ShettyAdvocate Sudershani RayAdvocate Tapesh AgarwalAdvocate Mukesh Nanda+50