How To Claim Child Custody Of Physically Unwell Daughter From Mother

I got divorced from my wife, but now, I want to claim the custody of my 3-year-old daughter who is not physically well. She is not being cared for by my ex-wife. How to claim child custody?

Answer (1)

Team Legistify

Team Legistify

  • Sector-1, Noida

Generally, the custody of the child below five years is given to the mother of the child. However, in this case, you can seek sole custody of the child if you can prove that one parent has proven to be an abusive and unfit parent and the other parent will be granted custody.

Answered on 19 Nov 2019

Was this answer helpful?

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Talk to experienced lawyer online and get your answered in minutes.

Advocate Prabhakar ShettyAdvocate Sudershani RayAdvocate Tapesh AgarwalAdvocate Mukesh Nanda+50