File Complaint Against Neighbours Remotely From Different State

I am working in the Indian navy and presently posted in Kochi. My parents are having an allegation with neighbours regarding small land between house. Is there any law that I can file a complaint from Kochi?

Answer (1)

Karishma Pandit

  • Sector-1, Noida

Yes, you or your parents can file the case against your neighbour under Section 441 of IPC in the court of the magistrate. Section 441 of IPC is for criminal trespass and the punishment of criminal trespass has been defined in Section 447 of IPC in which three months imprisonment is mentioned or fine of 500 rupees or with both

Answered on 22 Oct 2019

Was this answer helpful?

Yes   No

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Talk to experienced lawyer online and get your answered in minutes.