Exemption From Excise Department In Case Of Not Filing Tax Returns

I have got service tax registration in 2006. I have got government job in 2009. I have resigned from all profitable services. But I didn't surrender my service tax registration. Even I didn't submit any return after that period. Now excise department has imposed huge amount penalty. Can I get any exemption?

Answer (1)

Team Legistify

  • Sector-1, Noida

You can challenge the penalty imposed by the department on the ground that you had no activities or business from that service tax number. Consult a good tax lawyer in India to file your case.

Answered on 20 Oct 2019

Was this answer helpful?

Yes   No

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Talk to experienced lawyer online and get your answered in minutes.