Documents Required And Calculation For Child Maintenance

I am husband and I have filed restitution of conjugal rights petition in family court under the Hindu marriage act. My wife is asking for the maintenance of a child of 6 years. She is earning women and well qualified. Do I need to submit the following documents under section 24 of Hindu marriage act 1. IT returns 2. Account statement How much percentage do I need to pay for my child?

Answer (1)

Team Legistify

  • Sector-1, Noida

If your wife is well qualified and is earning more than INR 50,000 a month, you are not entitled to pay her any maintenance. A well-qualified woman cannot harass her husband for maintenance. You are not to submit any document for the same. You can defend the maintenance petition with the help of a maintenance case lawyer in India.

Answered on 16 Sep 2019

Was this answer helpful?

Yes   No

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Talk to experienced lawyer online and get your answered in minutes.