Consumer Complaint Against Builder For Delay In Property Possession

I want to file a consumer complaint against my builder for not giving me flat possession since 2015. What is the procedure of complaint in consumer court against builder?

Answer (1)

Harini S

Harini S

  • Sector-1, Noida

The Consumer Protection Act, 1986 enables the homebuyers to file a complaint against their builder for delayed possession for the flat. One such act considered as faulty or deficient service is causing a delay in delivery of possession.

If the builder has caused a delay in flat possession, then the first thing you need to do is to send a legal notice to the builder with the help on an advocate under the consumer protection laws. If the builder fails to provide any relief or does not send a reply to the legal notice, you can proceed to file a consumer complaint against the builder.

You can approach any of the three consumer forums in India as per the total value of your case:

1. District Consumer Dispute Redressal Forum: If the value of claim is less than Rs. 20 lakhs.
2. State Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission: If value of the claim is more than Rs. 20 lakhs but less than Rs. 1 crore.
3. National Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission: If the value of claim is more than Rs. 1 crore.

You can hire a property lawyer in India to file and represent your consumer case in the appropriate consumer forum. It is not necessary for you to appear before the consumer forum, your lawyer can take care of all the legal procedure on your behalf in India.

You can Read: How To File A Consumer Complaint Against A Builder

Answered on 21 Feb 2019

Was this answer helpful?

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Talk to experienced lawyer online and get your answered in minutes.

Advocate Nishant MehrotraAdvocate Maneesh AroraAdvocate Poornima MAdvocate Sudershani Ray+50