Complaint Against Girlfriend's Parents For Her Forced Marriage?

I'm 21 years old and my girlfriend is 19 years old. She is being harassed by their parents to marry a boy of their caste. They are beating her badly and keeping her on house arrest. How can I save her?

Answer (1)

Team Legistify

  • Sector-1, Noida

You can approach the police and file an FIR on her behalf if she is unable to do herself. No one can force an adult person to marry someone against their wishes or physical hurt them into submission.

Answered on 20 Oct 2019

Was this answer helpful?

Yes   No

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Talk to experienced lawyer online and get your answered in minutes.