Company Suing Me On The Basis Of Agreement Signed As A Minor

I signed an employment contract as a minor. Now, the company is suing me on the basis of that agreement and is threatening to file a suit under INC Section 420.

Answer (1)

Shagun Srivastava

  • Sector-1, Noida

A minor can walk away from a contract (it's called "disaffirming" or "voiding" the contract). Of course, he has to give the money back or face criminal charges. A minor can decide to void a contract before reaching the age of maturity (depending on the state, but usually 18). The minor can make this decision at any time and even if the contract has been fully performed (both parties have fulfilled their contractual obligations)

Answered on 13 Jan 2020

Was this answer helpful?

Yes   No

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Talk to experienced lawyer online and get your answered in minutes.