Change Caste From SC To OBC To Marry A Girl

I am from SC caste and want to marry an OBC girl but her parents are not accepting my caste. Is there any legal procedure to change caste from SC to OBC?

Answer (1)

Tanya Mahajan

Tanya Mahajan

  • Sector-1, Noida

You cannot change your caste from Sc to OBC to marry a girl or any other purpose. Your caste is ruled by your birth. You can change your religion, not caste.

Answered on 14 Sep 2019

Was this answer helpful?

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Talk to experienced lawyer online and get your answered in minutes.

Advocate Prabhakar ShettyAdvocate Mukesh NandaAdvocate Tapesh AgarwalAdvocate Piyush Singh+50