Can Husband File Complaint Against Me For Not Giving His Phone?

I have been living separately from my husband since September 2016, we got married in February 2014. Since Dec 2017, we got in touch and started talking and we were trying to patch up but he was not coming forward to live with me under one roof and not taking me back in the marital home. In Feb 19, I had complained in women cell that he is not taking me back in the home and also he had hit me several times. The complaint is still there but yesterday we fought as he had lied to me about his salary and I saw that on his phone. He left his phone and ran, later he came and was asking for his phone but I did not return it. Can he file any complaint against me for the same?

Answers (2)

Team Legistify

  • Sector-1, Noida

Yes, the husband the option to file a complaint since it is his property and you cannot prevent him from using it.

Answered on 22 Oct 2019

Was this answer helpful?

Yes   No

Advocate Kishan (Retd. Judge)

  • Malleswaram, Bengaluru
  • Bengaluru

You may file a petition for Restitution of Conjugal Rights if your marriage is still in existence.

Answered on 24 Oct 2019

Was this answer helpful?

Yes   No

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Talk to experienced lawyer online and get your answered in minutes.