Legal Action Against Filing False FIR

What legal actions can be taken against a person on breaking of perjury laws and on filing false police report?

Answer (1)

Team Legistify

  • Sector-1, Noida

Yes. A peace officer commits perjury when he or she intentionally makes any material statement in a police report regarding suspected criminal activity, knowing the information is false and then filing the false report with his or her employment agency. If discovered, the officer is subject to prosecution for either a misdemeanor or a felony.

Answered on 28 Sep 2018

Was this answer helpful?

Yes   No

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Talk to experienced lawyer online and get your answered in minutes.