Advocate S.K.Prabhakar Shetty practices at City Civil Court Bangalore, Karnataka High Court, Karnata... Read More
Format For Filing PIL
Is there any format of submitting the PIL?
- Sector-1, Noida
There is no rigid format for a PIL. Even letters are accepted as petitions, subject to certain conditions. The PIL should contain the following information:
- Particulars of the cause / order / statute regarding which the petition is made;
- Particulars of the Petitioner
- Particulars of the Respondents
- Declaration and undertaking of the Petitioner (that he does not have any personal interest other than public interest in the matter)
- Facts in brief, constituting the cause
- Any representations or petitions previously made
- Documents relied upon
- Prayers for Relief
Answered on 28 Sep 2018
3/3 people found this helpful
Didn't find the answer you are looking for?
Talk to experienced lawyer online and get your answered in minutes.