How to serve summon from India to a person who stays in a different country?

<p>&quot;The present residence address of the other party residing in USA is not known.</p> <p>1. What is the process/clause to take help of Indian Embassy. How will indian embassy in USA serve the notice when i do not have current address. Is last known address is sufficient enough?. Please let me know the process and any clauses.</p> <p>2. If i want to chose the option of publishing the notice in news paper of USA, does the indian court allows me to do so. Is this normal? any additional clauses?.</p> <p>3. I heard that court normally sends the notice through Registered Post?, how can i request the court to send via Speed Post or DHL/FedEx Courier. Please let me know about the embassy process, as it looks likes is the only option remaining for me. Your help is very much appreciated.&quot;</p>

Answer (1)

Team Legistify

  • Sector-1, Noida

All ur options mentioned in the query can be granted in case u move an application u/s 151 for the grant of the same. i see no legal hurdle in that.

Answered on 28 Sep 2018

Was this answer helpful?

Yes   No

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Talk to experienced lawyer online and get your answered in minutes.