How will the serving of summons be carried out when the person serving the cannot be found?

How is service of summon carried out when person serving cannot be found?

Answer (1)

Team Legistify

  • Sector-1, Noida

Where the person summoned cannot, by the exercise of due diligence be found, the summons may be served by leaving one of the duplicates for him with some adult male member of his family residing with him, and the person with whom the summons is so left shall, if so required by the serving officer, sign a receipt therefore on the back of the other duplicate.

Answered on 28 Sep 2018

Was this answer helpful?

Yes   No

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Talk to experienced lawyer online and get your answered in minutes.