What Should I Do In Case Of Cheque Bounce After I Intimated For Closing Of Account

I issued a cheque to my finance. After that I closed the account also I intimated them about the closing. But unfortunately they deposited that & it is bounced. Now they demand thrice the amount for settlement or they are blackmailing me for complaint in criminal section in police to arrest me. Please guide me a solution for this case legally.

Answer (1)

Team Legistify

  • Sector-1, Noida

They cannot claim thrice the amount and the notice is supposed be restricted to cheque amount only. At the most they can file a complaint u/s 138 of negotiable instruments act and that is bailable.

Answered on 28 Sep 2018

Was this answer helpful?

Yes   No

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Talk to experienced lawyer online and get your answered in minutes.