Legal Defense for False Dowry Harassment Case

My wife and her parents are threatening me that they will file false dowry harassment case. What should I do?

Answer (1)

Team Legistify

  • Sector-1, Noida

There are 2 options available.

Firstly, If she is staying with you, we would advice you to make call recordings or video recording of her making such threats.

Secondly, if she left your home then your make a written statement to the local police station stating that she left your house. If the case has already been filed we suggest you to hire a competent advocate to defend you in the court. You also have to file an anticipatory bail for yourself and your family if some criminal complaint like under Section 498a has been filed / is about to be filed against you and your family.

Answered on 28 Sep 2018

Was this answer helpful?

Yes   No

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Talk to experienced lawyer online and get your answered in minutes.