Mansi Airi Gambhir enrolled with the Delhi Bar Council in 2009 and holds Masters in Corporate Laws f... Read More
Right of Joint owners over the property
Before divorce I had bought a house, where almost 65% was paid by my then in-laws. Remaining 35% we had availed loan on joint names. Post divorce outstanding loan amount was paid off by my ex-wife. The house was registered jointly in the name of myself and my then wife. What kind of legal right do I have on that property?
- Sector-1, Noida
In such situation get the market price of the entire property and you can divide the property equally. As entire amount is paid by ex-wife, it is not necessary that property belongs to wife. You can claim a half share in the property.
Answered on 28 Sep 2018
2/2 people found this helpful
Didn't find the answer you are looking for?
Talk to experienced lawyer online and get your answered in minutes.