How To Transfer Parent's Property In My Name?

Recently my parents passed away and I want to transfer the property in my name. Now another person comes up to me with an affidavit stating that my mother has sold the property to him. Does his affidavit have any value? I have the original land papers in my parents name with me. How can I transfer it in my name?

Answer (1)

Team Legistify

  • Sector-1, Noida

Mere affidavit has no value. Sale of property has to be done by registered sale deed. On basis of death certificate of your parents apply for mutation of property in your name. Notice will be issued to all legal heirs, if any. If no objection is received, property would be mutated in your name.

Answered on 28 Sep 2018

Was this answer helpful?

Yes   No

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Talk to experienced lawyer online and get your answered in minutes.