Appeal against a defamation case.

A person was involved in a criminal case but later nothing was found true and got exonerated. Will highlighting this in public amount to defamation to that person and can he sue the one who made such statement?

Team Legistify

Was the issue highlighted in public prior or subsequent to the accused being exonerated by the court? If yes it was highlighted subsequent to the verdict of the court, then he can certainly file for defamation. Whether the mere fact that he stood exonerated by the court would entitle him to bring an action for defamation depends on the facts of the case.


Ask Your Legal Question Now

Ask a Query

Tags: Criminal Defence General Legal

Have a Legal Issue?

Get connected to the Best Lawyers and Chartered Accountants Near You!

You might like reading these