Procedure For Obtaining DIN
What is the procedure for obtaining DIN
- Sector-1, Noida
As per the revised procedure for DIN Allotment, any person intending to apply for DIN shall have to make an application in E-Form DIN 1 and should follow the following procedure:
1. E-Form DIN-1 has to follow the offline E-Filing process.
2. Attach the photograph and scanned copy of supporting documents i.e. proof of identity, and proof of residence as per the guidelines. Physical documents are not required to submit at DIN cell.
3. Along with the supporting documents, verification by the applicant for applying for allotment of Director Identification Number (DIN) shall also be attached. This shall contain the Name, Father’s name, date of birth, present address, and text of declaration and physical signature of the applicant.
4. The E-Form shall have to be digitally signed and shall be uploaded on MCA21 portal.
5. Upon upload, pay the fees for DIN1 E-Form. Only electronic payment of the fees shall be allowed (I.e. Netbanking / Credit Card / NEFT). No challan payment will be accepted under revised procedure of DIN allotment.
The user is required to get registered on the MCA21 Portal to obtain login id, which is necessary for payment of the fees.
6. Upon upload and successful payment, In case Form DIN 1 details have not been identified as potential duplicate, Approved DIN shall be generated and if the details have been identified as potential duplicate, Provisional DIN shall be generated.
7. Processing of e Form DIN 1 - In case, DIN 1 is a potential duplicate, the MCA DIN cell will examine the e Form DIN 1 and same shall be disposed of within one or two days.
8. Intimate approved DIN to Companies - On approval of DIN, intimate DIN to all the company (ies) (within a period of 30 days from the date of approval) in which one is a Director, in form DIN-2. Form DIN-2 can be downloaded and printed from the 'DIN' link on the homepage of MCA portal.
9. Company to intimate directors DIN to ROC - After the Director has intimated the DIN allotted to the company (ies). The Company(ies) is/are then required to intimate the DINs of its directors to the ROC in Form DIN-3 within a period of seven days of receiving form DIN-2.(Filing of DIN-3 is applicable only in cases, where the date of appointment of director(s) in such company(ies), is prior to July 1 , 2007)
10. If there is any change in the particulars submitted in form DIN-1, applicant can submit e-form DIN-4 online. For instance in the event of change of address of a director, he/ she is required to intimate this change by submitting E- form DIN-4 along with the required attested documents.
Answered on 28 Sep 2018
4/4 people found this helpful
Didn't find the answer you are looking for?
Talk to experienced lawyer online and get your answered in minutes.