Legal Action Against Cruelty by Wife

My wife writes false letters to my superior officers and says that I am having another wife somewhere else. She also does not treat my parents or gives any respect when they come to live in my house. Can I get a divorce in such instances?

Answer (1)

Team Legistify

Team Legistify

  • Sector-1, Noida

Wife writing defamatory letters imputing adultery to husband, to his official superior, other authorities and colleagues, wife eroding the mental peace of husband by showing callous indifference to husband’s parents who were very unwelcome guests to her household. This is cruelty on the part of the wife and you can seek divorce on these grounds under the Hindu Marriage Act, if the marriage is performed according to Hindu rites.

Answered on 28 Sep 2018

Was this answer helpful?

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Talk to experienced lawyer online and get your answered in minutes.

Advocate M. Sameer HussainAdvocate Prabhakar ShettyAdvocate Suresh KumarAdvocate Poornima M+50