Tanya Mahajan | Legistify

Tanya Mahajan
Answered on 30 Mar 2020

Section 66 D stands for Punishment for cheating by personation by using computer resource. -Whoever, by means for any communication device or computer resource cheats by personating, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to three years and shall also be liable to fine which may extend to one lakh rupees. It comes under cyber law and which are criminal in nature. you can prove your innocence by proving your evidence. If the FIR is filed the police will take the FIR in the court and if your name will come in the category of Accused than you will not be able to take any government exams.Read More

Posted on 23 Mar 2020 | 1 Answer

Prashant yadav | Legistify

Prashant yadav
Answered on 18 Mar 2020

Firstly, you need to report that fake ID on particular social media. You should also call police and notify the service provider, such as Facebook or Instagram, about the impersonation or harassment.Read More

Posted on 16 Feb 2020 | 1 Answer

Team Legistify | Legistify

Team Legistify
Answered on 17 Feb 2020

There is no law relating to catfishing in India. But, an action may be taken under the ambit of fraud in the form of a criminal complaint.Read More

Posted on 04 Jan 2020 | 1 Answer

Team Legistify | Legistify

Team Legistify
Answered on 06 Jan 2020

If you want to prove that you have been victimised, you immediately need to file a complaint with your nearest police station or cybercrime cell. Though police may just file a formal report and not pursue the matter, it is still important because it acts as proof that you have been the victim of identity theft.Read More

Posted on 24 Jul 2019 | 1 Answer

Saachi Khurana | Legistify

Saachi Khurana
Answered on 12 Oct 2019

You can file a complaint with the police or file a cyber crime complaint about the same. Consult a cyber crime lawyer to take legal action.Read More

Posted on 22 Sep 2019 | 1 Answer

Team Legistify | Legistify

Team Legistify
Answered on 09 Oct 2019

Identity theft/impersonation is a criminal offence. You can file a criminal complaint through a lawyer at any court or file an FIR first with the nearest police station for the same.Read More

Posted on 03 Oct 2019 | 1 Answer

Shagun Srivastava | Legistify

Shagun Srivastava
Answered on 07 Sep 2019

A can take alibi that he was not using the laptop. If the staff room has a CCTV camera, the footage can be used as a defence for proving innocence. This is not only cyber but also a criminal offence.Read More

Posted on 06 Sep 2019 | 1 Answer

Aditya Dua | Legistify

Aditya Dua
Answered on 25 Jul 2019

You can file a case against A, for fraud and thereafter you can defend the case filed against you on the grounds of fraud and misrepresentation by A. And ask for the interim relief. You can consult with our top legal expert in India who will advise you better in your case.Read More

Posted on 18 Jul 2019 | 1 Answer

Advocate Utkarsh Joshi | Legistify

Advocate Utkarsh Joshi
Answered on 11 Jul 2019

Interesting query. Theoretically, yes they can take action against you if you are using it without their permission. But generally, universities want to avoid bad publicity such an action will bring. Can the University sue you? Yes. Will it? Depends on the University.Read More

Posted on 14 Feb 2019 | 2 Answers

Team Legistify | Legistify

Team Legistify
Answered on 28 Sep 2018

Yes, a cyber complaint can be filed under the Information Technology Act for posting someone's video without the person's consent. You can consult a good cyber crime lawyer in India to know more. Call us at 011-33138123 or send us an email at [email protected] to get started. Read More

Posted on 27 Apr 2018 | 1 Answer