Mohim Roy | Legistify

Mohim Roy
Answered on 05 Nov 2019

The procedure for reporting cybercrimes is more or less the same as for reporting any other kind of offence. The local police stations can be approached for filing complaints just as the cybercrime cells specially designated with the jurisdiction to register a complaint. In addition, provisions have now been made for the filing of 'E-FIR' in most of the states. In addition, the Ministry of Home Affairs is also launching a website for registering crimes against women and children online including cybercrimes. If a police station refuses to register the complaint, a representation may be given to the commissioner of police/superintendent of police. If in spite of that action is not taken, the next step could either be a private complaint before the concerned court or a writ before the high court. In general, there is still a lot of inertia in the registration and investigation of cybercrimes. This does affect the collation of electronic evidence and containment of damages, whether the offence is against an individual or business.Read More

Posted on 08 Sep 2019 | 1 Answer

Karishma Pandit | Legistify

Karishma Pandit
Answered on 04 Nov 2019

If you have shown him the proof and even then he threatening you and also abusing you, you can file a suit against him for mental harassment. Read More

Posted on 08 Sep 2019 | 1 Answer

Team Legistify | Legistify

Team Legistify
Answered on 11 Nov 2019

It is advised to hire a cyber crime lawyer in India and take the lawyer to the police station to get prompt action from the police. If the cyber police still do not do anything, the lawyer can approach a higher authority on your behalf.Read More

Posted on 05 Sep 2019 | 1 Answer

Tanya Mahajan | Legistify

Tanya Mahajan
Answered on 22 Oct 2019

You can file an FIR in the local Police station and give them his recording. Every Police station has its owned cyber cell and they will take the necessary action.Read More

Posted on 21 Oct 2019 | 1 Answer

Saachi Khurana | Legistify

Saachi Khurana
Answered on 12 Oct 2019

You can file a complaint with the police or file a cyber crime complaint about the same. Consult a cyber crime lawyer to take legal action.Read More

Posted on 22 Sep 2019 | 1 Answer

Sakshi Yadav | Legistify

Sakshi Yadav
Answered on 28 Sep 2019

In most states, police can get many kinds of cellphone data without obtaining a warrant. Law-enforcement records show, police can use initial data from a tower dump to ask for another court order for more information, including addresses, billing records and logs of calls, texts and locations.Read More

Posted on 27 Sep 2019 | 1 Answer

Dhriti Dewan | Legistify

Dhriti Dewan
Answered on 27 Sep 2019

You can file a complaint with cyber crime cell. Submit a Customer Dispute Resolution Form with the Bank from which you have transferred the money. Inform the bank in which the Scammer has a bank account, where you have transferred the money and also make the compliant for the same. File a complaint before the Adjudicating Officer, Information Technology Act, 2000 against the bank where the scammer's bank account is functional. The court will further conduct an inquiry into your complaint and the matter will be heard and decided within a period of 6 to 9 months. Consult a cyber crime lawyer in India for your matter.Read More

Posted on 06 Sep 2019 | 1 Answer

Aayushi Sang | Legistify

Aayushi Sang
Answered on 12 Sep 2019

Harassment in India is becoming a very common issue nowadays. There are various types of harassment faced by the people in India through mischief, trespass, nuisance and sexual harassment. There are various laws made keeping in mind the types of harassment. If one wants to get justice then he must follow the laws to get justice. Posting audios or videos might not resolve your problem. One can rather file a complaint against the person who is torturing your family and then show the relevant facts and these audio or videos evidence to court.Read More

Posted on 02 Sep 2019 | 1 Answer

Shagun Srivastava | Legistify

Shagun Srivastava
Answered on 07 Sep 2019

A can take alibi that he was not using the laptop. If the staff room has a CCTV camera, the footage can be used as a defence for proving innocence. This is not only cyber but also a criminal offence.Read More

Posted on 06 Sep 2019 | 1 Answer

Advocate Utkarsh Joshi | Legistify

Advocate Utkarsh Joshi
Answered on 11 Jul 2019

Interesting query. Theoretically, yes they can take action against you if you are using it without their permission. But generally, universities want to avoid bad publicity such an action will bring. Can the University sue you? Yes. Will it? Depends on the University.Read More

Posted on 14 Feb 2019 | 2 Answers