Mohim Roy | Legistify

Mohim Roy
Answered on 14 Oct 2019

Apart from the criminal processes, Section 46 of the IT Act also provides for remedies against data theft, hacking, virus attacks and financial frauds covered under Chapter IX (S.43 to S.45) by filing an application before the adjudicating officer. Presently, the ad-hoc system of the secretary of the IT ministry acting as the said authority continues. This remedy has been very successfully availed of by victims of financial frauds.Read More

Posted on 11 Oct 2019 | 1 Answer

Saachi Khurana | Legistify

Saachi Khurana
Answered on 12 Oct 2019

You can file a complaint with the police or file a cyber crime complaint about the same. Consult a cyber crime lawyer to take legal action.Read More

Posted on 22 Sep 2019 | 1 Answer

Dhriti Dewan | Legistify

Dhriti Dewan
Answered on 27 Sep 2019

You can file a complaint with cyber crime cell. Submit a Customer Dispute Resolution Form with the Bank from which you have transferred the money. Inform the bank in which the Scammer has a bank account, where you have transferred the money and also make the compliant for the same. File a complaint before the Adjudicating Officer, Information Technology Act, 2000 against the bank where the scammer's bank account is functional. The court will further conduct an inquiry into your complaint and the matter will be heard and decided within a period of 6 to 9 months. Consult a cyber crime lawyer in India for your matter.Read More

Posted on 06 Sep 2019 | 1 Answer

Aayushi Sang | Legistify

Aayushi Sang
Answered on 12 Sep 2019

Harassment in India is becoming a very common issue nowadays. There are various types of harassment faced by the people in India through mischief, trespass, nuisance and sexual harassment. There are various laws made keeping in mind the types of harassment. If one wants to get justice then he must follow the laws to get justice. Posting audios or videos might not resolve your problem. One can rather file a complaint against the person who is torturing your family and then show the relevant facts and these audio or videos evidence to court.Read More

Posted on 02 Sep 2019 | 1 Answer

Shagun Srivastava | Legistify

Shagun Srivastava
Answered on 07 Sep 2019

A can take alibi that he was not using the laptop. If the staff room has a CCTV camera, the footage can be used as a defence for proving innocence. This is not only cyber but also a criminal offence.Read More

Posted on 06 Sep 2019 | 1 Answer

Aditya Dua | Legistify

Aditya Dua
Answered on 03 Sep 2019

You can file a cyber crime case against the person for blackmailing and cyberstalking with the help of a good cyber crime case lawyer. Before this, you can also file a complaint in the nearest police station.Read More

Posted on 02 Sep 2019 | 1 Answer

Mohim Roy | Legistify

Mohim Roy
Answered on 23 Aug 2019

Blackmailing amounts to Criminal intimidation, which is well defined in the Indian Penal Code Section 503 as :- Whoever threatens another with any injury to his person, reputation or property, or to the person or reputation of anyone in whom that person is interested, with intent to cause alarm to that person, or to cause that person to do any act which he is not legally bound to do, or to omit to do any act which that person is legally entitled to do, as the means of avoiding the execution of such threat, commits criminal intimidation. The offence of criminal intimidation can be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to two years, or with fine, or with both. It can also be described under section 384: Punishment for Extortion- Whoever commits extortion shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to three years, or with fine, or with both. Under this provision, the punishment is of 3 years and this offence is a non-bailable offence and triable in any Magistrate. You should approach Police Department to register the FIR against your Ex-Boyfriend who has been attempted repeatedly to contact you to foster personal interaction despite your clear indication of disinterest and threatening you to expose your pictures and blackmailing to you. As it is a cognizable offence punishable under section 354 D and 506 of IPC and under the Information technology Act. If you are minor then the provisions of The Protection of Children From Sexual Offences Act, 2012 also should be attached. If the police officer does not register an FIR against the accused then approach by writing an application to SSP/Commissioner of the Police District to registered the case. if he will not do appropriate action then file a criminal complaint in the Court of Judicial Magistrate First Class by consulting a cyber crime case lawyer.Read More

Posted on 22 Aug 2019 | 1 Answer

Sakshi Yadav | Legistify

Sakshi Yadav
Answered on 05 Aug 2019

You can lodge the FIR in the nearest police station which has a Cyber cell. It's absolutely prohibited under the Information Technology act to send someone vulgar messages on the internet. You can also talk to a cyber crime advocate and consult with him/her regarding the issue.Read More

Posted on 03 Aug 2019 | 1 Answer

Aditya Dua | Legistify

Aditya Dua
Answered on 17 Jul 2019

Using a VPN in India is not banned by any specific law, so it is not illegal to use those kinds of services while browsing content online. If users in India use a VPN for illegal activities online, including copyright infringement or accessing banned websites, there may be legal consequences. If it is a fake call then call at 1090 & register your complaint against them. Thereafter if the issue is still not resolved, then you can file an FIR u/s 354D against them. Still not cleared with the information you can consult our cyber-crime experts in India who will guide you in your matter.Read More

Posted on 16 Jul 2019 | 1 Answer

Advocate Utkarsh Joshi | Legistify

Advocate Utkarsh Joshi
Answered on 11 Jul 2019

Interesting query. Theoretically, yes they can take action against you if you are using it without their permission. But generally, universities want to avoid bad publicity such an action will bring. Can the University sue you? Yes. Will it? Depends on the University.Read More

Posted on 14 Feb 2019 | 2 Answers