Dhriti Dewan | Legistify

Dhriti Dewan
Answered on 18 Sep 2019

In such a case you need to be aware of your rights. You are entitled to legal advice at the police station, so speak to a lawyer, tell them the truth so that they can advise you properly. Consult a criminal defence lawyer in India through Legistify to know your best options.Read More

Posted on 04 Sep 2019 | 1 Answer

Aayushi Sang | Legistify

Aayushi Sang
Answered on 17 Sep 2019

Record all conversations (voice, chat, email, letters, etc.) with those threatening and keep the originals in a safe place.  Write a complaint to your nearest police station, detailing about blackmailing, false allegations and unscrupulous behaviour. Have proofs of where you were. For instance, if you were in a mall, have a credit card transaction in that mall and keep a copy of that transaction.  Read More

Posted on 06 Sep 2019 | 1 Answer

Aditya Dua | Legistify

Aditya Dua
Answered on 14 Sep 2019

You can file a counter FIR stating it as a false complaint, and thereafter you can hire a good criminal lawyer in India who can defend your case and argue that the case has been filed on wrong grounds.Read More

Posted on 13 Sep 2019 | 1 Answer

Advocate J C Vashista | Legistify

Advocate J C Vashista
Answered on 08 Sep 2019

Get your NBWs canceled to avoid further legal complications, which cannot be avoided on the grounds of the fault of an advocate.Read More

Posted on 03 Aug 2019 | 2 Answers

Karishma Pandit | Legistify

Karishma Pandit
Answered on 04 Sep 2019

If you hire a lawyer for a case in SDJM court in Patna to defend a false criminal case of dowry case on a relative, you have two options – either to defend your case and wait for the judgment or to file a counter case against your wife and prove her wrong. You can do either of these things by hiring a criminal lawyer in India.Read More

Posted on 02 Sep 2019 | 1 Answer

Mohim Roy | Legistify

Mohim Roy
Answered on 14 Aug 2019

In India, the best way is to get your criminal defence lawyer to negotiate with the other party especially if the case is false. If the case is false, it is obvious the other party only wants to make money otherwise there would be no reason to file a case. You can apply for anticipatory bail of you fear that you may be arrested on the false grounds. Do not negotiate directly or make any call from your phone to the party, but ask your lawyer to negotiate. If the false case was filed for something else, say revenge or malice - then it is most likely that with all the court visits and hearings the victim will soon find it difficult. If none of this work - then you have to confront evidence and argue in the court.Read More

Posted on 12 Aug 2019 | 1 Answer

Dhriti Dewan | Legistify

Dhriti Dewan
Answered on 10 Aug 2019

Yes, you may approach court and fight the case. Also, regarding the advised judicial remedy, it means 'with which a court of law', usually while exercising civil law jurisdiction, enforces a right, imposes a penalty, or makes another court order to impose its will.Read More

Posted on 08 Aug 2019 | 1 Answer

Shagun Srivastava | Legistify

Shagun Srivastava
Answered on 09 Aug 2019

Section 386 states that Extortion by putting a person in fear of death or grievous hurt.—Whoever commits extortion by putting any person in fear of death or of grievous hurt to that person or to any other, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to ten years, and shall also be liable to fine. Section 500: Punishment for defamation.—Whoever defames another shall be punished with simple imprisonment for a term which may extend to two years, or with fine, or with both. Section 504 - Insult intended to provoke breach of the peace. Imprisonment for 2 years, or fine, or both.  You can hire a criminal lawyer in India to apply for bail in the court for these sections.Read More

Posted on 07 Aug 2019 | 1 Answer

Harini S | Legistify

Harini S
Answered on 14 Mar 2019

A police can enter into a house or office without warrant if the person has committed a cognizable offence and police can't enter house or office without warrant in a non- cognizable offence. Section 2 (c) of the Criminal Procedure Code, 1973 defines Cognizable offences. Cognizable offence/case means a case in which, a police officer may arrest without warrant, as per the First Schedule of the Criminal Procedure Code, 1973 or under any other law for the time being in force. READ: Arrest Warrant in India For further clarification you can consult a good criminal defence lawyer in India, who will help you and advise you better in your case.Read More

Posted on 14 Mar 2019 | 1 Answer

Harini S | Legistify

Harini S
Answered on 23 Feb 2019

The Indian Penal Code also says that if a public servant is not acting in accordance with the way he is supposed to conduct himself or contrary to any direction of law with an intent to save the person from punishment, then such a person will be liable for punishment of imprisonment of 2 years or fine or even both. Also, if a public servant is making a report contrary to law in a judicial proceeding, he will be liable for punishment of imprisonment of term of 7 year or fine or both. As per Section 166 of Indian Penal Code, a public servant who disobeys law with an intent to cause injury to another is liable to be punished with a term of 1 year of imprisonment or fine or both. So if a public servant hits or insults you, this provision of IPC will be attracted. For better understanding you can consult a criminal lawyer in India who will help you to file a complaint against the person.Read More

Posted on 22 Feb 2019 | 1 Answer