Shagun Srivastava | Legistify

Shagun Srivastava
Answered on 31 Mar 2020

Yes, you can remarry in Arya Samaj Mandir. However, before doing so you should have a divorce from your first husband only then you can marry the second person. If divorce has been done then your second marriage would be done without any problem.Read More

Posted on 21 Mar 2020 | 1 Answer

Team Legistify | Legistify

Team Legistify
Answered on 17 Feb 2020

Documents required for solemnisation of Arya Samaj Marriage 4 copies of coloured photograph of both the bride and the groom Date of birth proof and address proof of both marrying parties. Bride and groom should be of competent age. 18 for bride and 21 for groom. Standing of two witnesses to witness the holy ceremony. In case where a marrying party is divorced, then, certified copy of divorce certificate issued by the court. In case where a marrying party is a widow, the death certificate of the dead spouse. Where a marrying party is a foreign citizen or holding a foreign passport or is having foreign residential address- Certificate of present marital status of the party/No Impediment Certificate/ NOC from concerned Embassy and Valid VISA Registration of Arya Samaj Marriage If you got married under the Arya Samaj Mandir then get this marriage registered under section 8 of the Act by the Marriage officer/Registrar of the district/state, where this marriage took place. • After 2006, orders of Supreme Court are strict on the issue of registration of marriages in personal laws. An Arya Samaj marriage can be registered either under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 or under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. The Hindu Marriage Act is applicable in cases where both husband and wife are Hindus, Buddhists, Jains or Sikhs or where they have converted into any of these religions. Where either of the husband or wife or both are not Hindus, Buddhists, Jains or Sikhs, the marriage is registered under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. • Hindu Marriage Act places a responsibility upon the states to make laws regarding registration of the marriage but also places an emphasis that where a marriage is not registered, its non-registration will not invalidate the marriage. It is often advised to get the marriage registered as per the Supreme court orders and, it is the correct way to avoid disputes in future regarding the breakdown of the marriage. Read More

Posted on 16 Feb 2020 | 1 Answer

Saachi Khurana | Legistify

Saachi Khurana
Answered on 30 Aug 2019

Yes. All Arya Samaj Mandirs have the power to grant marriage certificate. The certificate given by Arya Samaj mandir have legal binding and said to be marriage certificate only. It is mandatory if someone is getting married in Arya Samaj mandir then it is mandatory for them to provide the certificate. Get Arya Samaj Marriage Done OnlineRead More

Posted on 28 Aug 2019 | 1 Answer

Advocate Kishan (Retd. Judge) | Legistify

Advocate Kishan (Retd. Judge)
Answered on 24 May 2019

Dear Sir, There is a difference between marriages celebrated under different customs. You may file a divorce case in the Family Court under Section 13 of Hindu Marriages Act.Read More

Posted on 23 May 2019 | 2 Answers

I want to register Arya samaj marriage certificate of 1979 online from the UK.Read More

Posted on 25 Feb 2020 | No Answers Yet

Team Legistify | Legistify

Team Legistify
Answered on 28 Sep 2018

Some of the states in the Indian Union have enacted legislations to make marriage registration compulsory; These states are Andhra Pradesh, Delhi, Goa, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Karnataka, and Maharashtra.Registration of marriage is optional in other states.After you marry the PIO/NRI, you must register the marriage at the office ofthe Registrar in India before you/your husband leave the country. The marriage certificate issued by the Registrars’ office and a copy of it should be kept withyou and your family in India. -Please keep adequate proof like marriage photographs, wedding invitation, copy of the husbands’ passport driving license, any other ID proof issued by the foreign country, visa address proof of both bride and groom etc. -Please remember the following points -Marriage registration certificate should be carried at all times. -Doing all the paperwork for issue of visa and other required formalities at your end- keep all the original papers with yourself. - Affidavit from the spouse stating present marital status. - Visit with a health/comprehensive insurance policy before arriving in the foreign country. - Keep your passport with you in the foreign country and at least one copy of the passport.  Read More

Posted on 13 Jun 2016 | 1 Answer

Team Legistify | Legistify

Team Legistify
Answered on 28 Sep 2018

A petition for annulment of marriage has to be filed before the court. This should be done within one year from date of marriage. Annulment means getting a decree of marriage nullified in cases where such decree has been obtained by fraud. Read More

Posted on 30 Dec 2016 | 2 Answers