Security Deposit is the refers to a lump sum amount that is paid to the landlord interest-free at the beginning of a lease that is refundable at the end of the lease period. The deposit amount may depend upon the value at which property is priced in the particular city in which you are renting. The landlord may retain a part of this amount if s/he considers that some damage has been caused to the property for the duration of the stay.
If you have run into some issue with your landlord as a result of which s/he is threatening to retain to security deposit amount without any fault on your part, you may take legal action for the same. Sending a legal notice to your landlord before approaching the Courts may help you in resolving the issue. In most cases of this nature, the matter gets resolved at the notice stage and you do not need to proceed to Court. Sending a well-drafted and legally sound security refund notice drafted by the best documentation lawyers will help you in this.
- You must hire the top lawyers in your locality to help you draft a legal notice for the recovery of your Security Deposit.
- The draft notice shall be drafted and sent to you for approval.
- The final notice shall be drafted incorporating your suggestions(if any).
- The final notice shall be sent to the opposite party
- Copy of Tenant Agreement
- Copy of any prior communication with the landlord for refund of amount
- Copy of any prior communication from the landlord stating reasons for retaining amount (if any)
- Bank account details of parties
- Proof of security deposit given to the landlord