A gift deed is essentially a legal instrument used for transferring immovable property without any exchange of money. The transfer should be voluntarily carried out while the donor is solvent. Also, a gift deed shouldn't be executed for tax evasion or illegal gains. Registration of the gift deed is mandatory for the transfer to be valid. Also, registration is necessary for transfer in the title of the property which is important for the transfer of all utility connections.
You must get your gift deed drafted and registered the most experienced property lawyers in your locality. The advocate shall help you in getting the deed registered in your locality.
- Verification of documents and drafting of gift deed accordingly.
- The gift deed document must be signed by the donor.
- Attestation of the deed by two witnesses.
- Requisite duty to be paid. (Gift duty and Stamp Duty)
- Necessary documents to be submitted to the sub-registrar.