If you want to initiate divorce proceedings against your spouse you must send a legal notice to that to your spouse. You must hire the best affordable divorce lawyers in your locality to help you draft the notice and initiate the proceedings.
The legal notice helps in informing your spouse of your intention to start the proceedings and also in intimating them regarding the grounds on which your petition is being filed. In case of a contested divorce, sending a notice becomes necessary to inform your spouse regarding the grounds on which the divorce petition is being filed.
- You must send a legal notice to your spouse stating your intention to file a divorce before approaching the Court.
- Your lawyer drafts a legal notice to the effect of informing your spouse regarding the divorce proceedings initiated by you and stating the grounds on which it has been initiated.
- Address proof of both spouses
- Certificate of marriage
- Passport photographs of the marriage
- Evidence proving the grounds on which the divorce proceedings are being filed (eg- proof of adultery, cruelty, etc.)
- Witness evidence corroborating your grounds where necessary