Whoever by words, either spoken or written, or by signs, or by visible representation, or otherwise, brings or attempts to bring into hatred or contempt, or excites or attempts to excite disaffection towards, the Government established by law in [India], a shall be punished with [imprisonment for life], to which fine may be added, or with imprisonment which may extend to three years, to which fine may be added, or with fine.
- Whosoever by words either spoken or written or
- by signs or by visible representation or
- otherwise causes or attempts to cause hatred or contempt or
- rouses or attempts to rouse dissatisfaction towards the government of India shall be punished with imprisonment for life to which fine may be added or
- shall be punished with imprisonment that might extend up to three years and to which fine may be added or with fine only