Short title and commencement
1. Short title and commencement.-1. This Act may be called the Weapons of Mass Destruction and their Delivery Systems (Prohibition of Unlawful Activitie...
Act in addition to other laws
2. Act in addition to other laws.-Save as otherwise expressly provided in this Act, the provisions of this Act shall be in addition to any other relevant Act...
Extent and application
3. Extent and application.-1. It extends to the whole of India including its Exclusive Economic Zone. 2. Every person shall be liable to punishment...
4. Definitions.-In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,- a. "biological weapons" are- i. microbial or other biologica...
Power to identify, designate, categorise or regulate certain activities
5. Power to identify, designate, categorise or regulate certain activities.-1. The Central Government may identify, designate, categorise or regulate, th...
Power to appoint Advisory Committees
6. Power to appoint Advisory Committees.-For the purposes of this Act, the Central Government may appoint such Advisory Committees as it deems fit, and may a...
Delegation of powers
7. Delegation of powers.-1. Subject to the provisions of this Act and any other law for the time being in force, related to relevant activity, the Centr...
Prohibition relating to weapons of mass destruction
8. Prohibition relating to weapons of mass destruction.-1. No person shall unlawfully manufacture, acquire, possess, develop or transport a nuclear weap...
Prohibition relating to non-State actor or terrorist
9. Prohibition relating to non-State actor or terrorist.-No person shall, directly or indirectly, transfer to a non-State actor or terrorist, any material, e...
Prohibition as regards intimidating acts
10. Prohibition as regards intimidating acts.-No person shall transfer, acquire, possess, or transport fissile or radioactive material, which is intended to ...
Prohibition on export
11. Prohibition on export.-No person shall export any material, equipment or technology knowing that such material, equipment or technology is intended to be...
Prohibition on brokering
12. Prohibition on brokering.-No person who is a resident in India shall, for a consideration under the terms of an actual or implied contract, knowingly fac...
Regulation of export, transfer, retransfer, transit and transshipment
13. Regulation of export, transfer, retransfer, transit and transshipment.-1. No item notified under this Act shall be exported, transferred, re-transfer...
Offences and penalties
14. Offences and penalties.-Any person who contravenes, or attempts to contravene or abets, the provisions of section 8 or section 10 of this Act, shall be p...
Punishment for aiding non-State actor or terrorist
15. Punishment for aiding non-State actor or terrorist.-1. Any person who, with intent to aid any non-State actor or terrorist, contravenes the provisio...
Punishment for unauthorized export
16. Punishment for unauthorized export.-1. Any person who knowingly contravenes, abets or attempts to contravene, the provisions of sub-section (4) of s...
Punishment for violation of other provisions of the Act
17. Punishment for violation of other provisions of the Act.-1. Where any person contravenes, or abets or attempts to contravene, any provision of this ...
Penalty for using false or making forged documents, etc.
18. Penalty for using false or making forged documents, etc.-Where any person signs or uses, or causes to be signed or used, any declaration, statement or do...
Punishment for offences with respect to which no provision has been made
19. Punishment for offences with respect to which no provision has been made.-Whoever contravenes any other provision of this Act or any rule or order made th...
Offences by companies
20. Offences by companies.-1. Where an offence under this Act has been committed by a company, every person who at the time the offence was committed wa...
Cognizance of offences
21. Cognizance of offences.-No Court shall take cognizance of any offence under this Act without the previous sanction of the Central Government or any offic...
Bar of jurisdiction of civil courts
22. Bar of jurisdiction of civil courts.-No action or proceedings taken under section 5 and sub-sections (1) and (2) of section 7 of this Act by the Central ...
Effect of other laws
23. Effect of other laws.-1. The provisions of this Act shall have effect notwithstanding anything inconsistent therewith contained in any enactment oth...
Protection of action taken in good faith
24. Protection of action taken in good faith.- No suit, prosecution or other legal proceeding shall lie against the Central Government or any officer or auth...
Special provisions as to Central Government
25. Special provisions as to Central Government.-Nothing in this Act shall affect the activities of the Central Government in the discharge of its functions ...
Power to make rules
26. Power to make rules.-1. The Central Government may, by notification, make rules to carry out the provisions of this Act. 2. In particular and ...
Power to remove difficulties
27. Power to remove difficulties.-1. If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order publi...