An Act to provide protection against sexual harassment of women at workplace and for the prevention and redressal of complaints of sexual harassment and for ...
Short title, extent and commencement.
1. This Act may be called the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013. 2. It extends to the whole o...
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,—a. "aggrieved woman" means— i. in relation to a workplace, a woman, of any age ...
Prevention of sexual harassment
1. No woman shall be subjected to sexual harassment at any workplace.2. The following circumstances, among other circumstances, if it occurs or is per...
|Chapter II||Constitution of Internal Complaints Committee|
Constitution of Internal Complaints Committee
1. Every employer of a workplace shall, by an order in writing, constitute a Committee to be known as the "Internal Complaints Committee":Provided that wh...
|Chapter III||Constitution of Local Complaints Committee|
Notification of District Officer
The appropriate Government may notify a District Magistrate or Additional District Magistrate or the Collector or Deputy Collector as a District Officer for e...
Constitution and jurisdiction of Local Complaints Committee
1. Every District Officer shall constitute in the district concerned, a committee to be known as the "Local Complaints Committee" to receive complaints of...
Composition. tenure and other terms and conditions of Local Complaints Committee
1. The Local Complaints Committee shall consist of the following members to be nominated by the District Officer, namely:-—a. a Chairperson to be no...
Grants and audit
1. The Central Government may, after due appropriation made by Parliament by law in this behalf, make to the State Government grants of such sums of money...
Complaint of sexual harassment
1. Any aggrieved woman may make, in writing, a complaint of sexual harassment at work place to the Internal Committee if so constituted, or the Local Comm...
1. The Internal Committee or, as the case may be, the Local Committee, may, before initiating an inquiry under section 11 and at the request of the aggrie...
Inquiry Into complaint
1. Subject to the provisions of section 10, the Internal Committee or the Local Committee, as the case may be, shall, where the respondent is an employee,...
|Chapter V||Inquiry into Complaint|
Action during pendency of inquiry
1. During the pendency of an inquiry, on a written request made by the aggrieved woman, the Internal Committee or the Local Committee, as the case may be,...
1. On the completion of an inquiry under this Act, the Internal Committee or the Local Committee, as the case may be, shall provide a report of its findin...
Punishment for false or malicious complaint and false evidence
1. Where the Internal Committee or the Local Committee, as the case may be, arrives at a conclusion that the allegation against the respondent is malicio...
Determination of compensation
For the purpose of determining the sums to be paid to the aggrieved woman under clause (ii) of sub-section (3) of section 13, the Internal Committee or the Lo...
Prohibition of publication or making known contents of complaint and inquiry proceedings
Notwithstanding anything contained in the Right to Information Act, 2005, the contents of the complaint made under section 9, the identity and addresses of th...
Penalty for publication or making known contents of complaint and inquiry proceedings
Where any person entrusted with the duty to handle or deal with the complaint, inquiry or any recommendations or action to be taken under the provisions of th...
1. Any person aggrieved from the recommendations made under sub-section (2) of section 13 or under clause (i) or clause (ii) of sub-section (3) of section...
|Chapter VI||Duties of Employer|
Duties of employer
Every employer shall—a. provide a safe working environment at the workplace which shall include safety from the persons coming into contact at the workpla...
|Chapter VII||Duties and Powers of District Officer|
Duties and powers of District Officer
The District Officer shall,—a. monitor the timely submission of reports furnished by the Local Committee;b. take such measures as may be necessary for ...
Committee to submit annual report
1. The Internal Committee or the Local Committee, as the case may be, shall in each calendar year prepare, in such form and at such time as may be prescri...
Employer to include information In annual report
The employer shall include in its report the number of cases filed, if any, and their disposal under this Act in the annual report of his organisation or wher...
Appropriate Government to monitor implementation and maintain data
The appropriate Government shall monitor the implementation of this Act and maintain data on the number of cases filed and disposed of in respect of all cases...
Appropriate Government to take measures to publicise the Act
The appropriate Government may, subject to the availability of financial and other resources, —a. develop relevant information, education, communication a...
Power to call for information and inspection of records
1. The appropriate Government, on being satisfied that it is necessary in the public interest or in the interest of women employees at a workplace to do ...
Penalty for non-compliance with provisions of Act
1. Where the employer fails to-•—a. constitute an Internal Committee under sub-section (1) of section 4;b. take action under sections 13, 14 and...
Cognizance of offence by courts
1. No court shall take cognizance of any offence punishable under this Act or any rules made there under, save on a complaint made by the aggrieved woman ...
Act not in derogation of any other law
The provisions of this Act shall be in addition to and not in derogation of the provisions of any other law for the time being in force....
Power of appropriate Government to make rules
1. The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules for carrying out the provisions of this Act.2. In particular and w...
Power to remove difficulties
1. If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order published in the Official Gazette, make s...
THE PREVENTION, OF MONEY-LAUNDERINGDERING (AMENDMENT) ACT, 2012(2 of 2013)At page 18, in line 2, for "Arts", read "Art".At page 21, in line 14, for "Protecti...