Short title and commencement
1. This Act may be called the Science and Engineering Research Board Act, 2008.2. It shall come into force on such date as the Central Government ma...
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,-a. "Board" means the Science and Engineering Research Board constituted under sub-section (1) of sec...
|Chapter II||Science and Engineering Research Board|
Constitution and incorporation of Board
1. The Central Government shall, by notification in the Official Gazette, constitute, for the purposes of this Act, a Board to be called the Science and ...
Secretary and other officers and employees of Board
1. The Board may appoint an eminent Scientist not below the rank of Additional Secretary to the Government of India as the Secretary of the Board, in co...
Oversight Committee of Experts
1. Subject to the rules made in this behalf, the Board shall constitute an Oversight Committee of Experts consisting of experts, eminent scientists and a...
Committees of Board
1. Subject to the rules made in this behalf, the Board may appoint such committees as may be necessary for the efficient discharge of its duties and perf...
Powers and functions of Board
1. The Board shall serve as a premier multi-disciplinary research funding agency for planning, promoting and funding basic research in the emerging areas...
|Chapter III||Application for Sanction of Financial Assistance|
Application for availing of financial assistance
1. An application for availing of financial assistance for the purposes specified in sub-section (1) of section 7 shall be made to the Board in such form...
|Chapter IV||Finance, Accounts and Audit|
Grants and loans by Central Government
The Central Government may, after due appropriation made by Parliament by law, in this behalf, make to the Board grants and loans of such sums of money as tha...
Fund for Science and Engineering Research
1. There shall be constituted a Fund to be called the Fund for Science and Engineering Research and there shall be credited to the Fund- a. any grant...
The Board shall prepare, in such form and at such time in each financial year, as may be prescribed, its budget for the next financial year, showing the estim...
The Board shall prepare, in such form and at such time in each financial year, as may be prescribed, its annual report, giving a full account of its activitie...
Accounts and audit
1. The Board shall maintain proper accounts and other relevant records and prepare an annual statement of accounts in such form as may be prescribed by t...
Annual report and auditor's report to be laid before Parliament
The Central Government shall cause the annual report and auditor's report to be laid, as soon as may be after they are received, before each House of Parliame...
Returns to be furnished to Board
1. An industrial concern or an institution receiving financial assistance from the Board shall furnish return to the Board in such form and at such time ...
Power of Central Government to issue directions
1. Without prejudice to the foregoing provisions of this Act, the Board shall, in the discharge of its functions and duties under this Act, be bound by s...
Power of Central Government to supersede Board
1. If at any time the Central Government is of the opinion-a. that on account of grave emergency, the Board is unable to discharge the functions and ...
The Board may, by general or special order in writing, delegate to the Chairperson or any other member or to any officer of the Board subject to such conditio...
Protection of action taken in good faith
No prosecution or other legal proceeding shall lie against the Central Government or the Board or any committee appointed by it or any member of the Board or ...
Power of Central Government to make rules
1. The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules to carry out the provisions of this Act.2. Without prejudice to ...
Power of Board to make regulations
1. The Board may, with the previous approval of the Central Government, by notification in the Official Gazette, make regulations consistent with this Ac...
Rules and regulations to be laid before Parliament
Every rule and every regulation made under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session...