Short title and extent
(1) This Act may be called the Public Provident Fund Act, 1968. (2) It extends to the whole of India. ...
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,- (a) "Fund" means the Public Provident Fund established under the Scheme; (b) "minor" means a person who is...
Public Provident Fund Scheme
(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, frame a scheme to be called the Public Provident Fund Scheme for the establishment of...
Subscriptions to Fund
Any individual may, on his own behalf or on behalf of a minor, of whom he is the guardian, subscribe to the Fund in such manner and subject to such maximum an...
All subscriptions made under section 4 shall bear interest at such rate as may be notified by the Central Government in the Official Gazette, from time to tim...
(1) A subscriber shall be entitled to make withdrawals from the amount standing to his credit in the Fund (including any interest accrued thereon) to such ext...
Grant of loans
A subscriber may be granted loans out of the amount standing to his credit in the Fund on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the Scheme and wher...
Payment on death of subscriber
(1) If a subscriber dies and there is in force at the time of his death a nomination in favor of any person, all amounts standing to his credit in the Fund sh...
Protection against attachment
The amount standing to the credit of any subscriber in the Fund shall not be liable to attachment under any decree or order of any court in respect of any deb...
Protection of action taken in good faith
No suit, prosecution or other legal proceeding shall lie against any person for anything which is in good faith done or intended to be done under this Act or...
Power to remove difficulties
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act or the Scheme, the Central Government may, by order published in the Official Gaze...
Scheme to be laid before Parliament
The Scheme shall be laid, as soon as may be, after it is framed before each House of Parliament while it is in session for a total period of thirty days which...
[See section 3(2)] Matters for which provision may be made in the Scheme:- (1) The manner in which subscriptions to the Fund may be made and the maximum and m...